• ½ cup bulgar, fine ground if available
• ½ cup boiling water
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• a small bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• a large handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
• 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 14-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 4 large handfuls of baby salad greens
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• lemon wedges, to serve toasted pitta bread or Turkish pide, to serve (optional)
Bulgur is often confused with cracked wheat but it is not exactly the same thing. The wheat kernels have been steamed, dried, and crushed to give a tender, chewy texture which is excellent for pilafs and wholesome salads, such as tabbouleh.
Put the bulgur in a heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water. Stir once, cover tightly with plastic wrap/clingfilm, and set aside for 8-10 minutes. Put the lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk. Pour over the bulgur and stir well with a fork, fluffing up the bulgur and separating the grains.
Put the bulgur in a large bowl with the parsley, mint, dill, tomatoes, chickpeas, and salad greens. Toss everything together. Season well with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving plates and add a wedge of lemon for squeezing. Serve with toasted pitta bread or Turkish pide, if liked.
Tabbouleh with chickpeas and spring salad
simple recipes for healthy eating by Vatcharin Bhumichitr
sample recipe excerpt from Organic Shopper Magazine
Organic Shopper Magazine
An Organic shopping and lifestyle magazine
The Organic Shopper magazine features the latest organic news, articles on organic living, organic product reviews and resources for buying organic.
Sample Copy of Organic Shopper....only ....$3.50
4 issues Organic Shopper Print ..........only.$15.00
4 issues of Organic Shopper delivered to
your email.......................only ..........................$8.00
© natural lifestyle Organic Market 2009 All rights reserved
Thank-you for shopping with us and enjoy your order!
Natural Lifestyle is a proud sponsor of the annual Organicfest. Visit our booth!
Digital Online Catalog
View Here >