Organic Chef Tom’s
Organic Vegan Carob Brownies
Did you know...
Carob comes from the pods of the Mediterranean locust tree. The carob pods are roasted and ground into a sweet powder that has a taste similar to chocolate. Carob is often used as a chocolate substitute because it is naturally sweet and caffeine free. Carob is also high in calcium, too!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine carob powder, syrup, oil, soy milk, and vanilla in medium size bowl mix well with a whisk or large spoon.
2. Mix pastry flour, baking powder and sea salt together in a bowl. Pour carob mixture into flour and mix well.
3. Lightly oil baking pan or glass baking dish and powder lightly with flour. Pour brownie mixture into baking dish, smooth top, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Variations: Top brownies with organic pecans, walnuts before baking. Or put some inside the batter, bake and enjoy!
This organic brownie recipe is a hit every time...even
with people who do not eat organic natural desserts!
Visit the Organic Bake Shop for all your organic baking supplies.
• Stainless Steel Professional Bakeware Set
• Organic Flours, Sweeteners, Oils, Flavorings...
• Natural & Vegan Baking Books
• Organic Coffee & Teas
• Organic Recipes
Copyright 2012 Organic Matters Media All rights reserved
Organic Matters Media | 828.337.6114 |